20.1.10

I miss skiing but.....

Seriously. This picture is just funny. It has absolutely nothing to do with this particular blog, but I found it as I was downloading pictures from my phone. My husband is one special guy.



Back to the point. I can't ski. I tried, but my lack of balance (due to the squirmy bowling ball in my belly) makes me look like I'm a beginner and quite frankly I'm afraid of falling on the little dude. He's still baking, so I don't want him to come out early. Fortunately for me this snow this year has been dismal, so I don't pine for the slopes quite as much as I would if there was day after day of beautiful powder snow. I have found different ways to enjoy the winter, as you will see below. Isaac, Jake, Trout, Bear, Chico and I decided to play around on a very frozen pond that's a just 5 min. from our house.


We made this guy somewhat out in the middle of the pond. I decided to call him Mr. Belvedere (remember that show?) because his eyes and buttons are made of chocolate truffles...talk about sophisticated.


What would playing on a frozen pond be without a snow angel??






It's not skiing, but it was a heck of a time. We'll see how long this little butler lasts.

3 comments:

Kristy said...

Oh, I would love to make a little Mr. Belvedere with you guys! Here we might be able to make it from mud. Lots and lots of rain = extremely muddy backyard. Hope your doing well! Tell all your boys hi from the House of Juan. :)

Saleem Family said...

looks like alot of fun! sorry i didn't get to see you guys when you came down. miss ya

Marinabee said...

You look so adorable and Isaac is such a big boy. My heart is happy and sad all at the same time. Happy because you look happy... sad because I miss you so, so much.